Monday, July 14, 2008

Lifecycle Security

Greetings, readers. After a not-so-brief hiatus, I'm putting my blogging hat back on to tell you about a conference we've needed in the web application security community for a very long time.

Finally, we have a conference for webappsec, by webappsec professionals. Don't get me wrong, the OWASP and WASC projects are top notch, and I think their contributions to the community speak for themselves. That said, we needed a neutral conference that can bring together developers, users, and web security pros alike. Hopefully this will be the one.

My friend Dennis Hurst, a long time developer and webappsec pro, is one of the founders. The conference is being held directly after BlackHat, August 8-9, at Caesars, so you can just extend your stay if you've already booked a room for BH08.

Some great speakers have already signed on, and I'm sure it'll be a great show. Have a look at the Lifecycle Security website, and get registered for a couple days of pure webappsec.

No comments: